The ordinary meeting of the PEC on the 22 October 2018 considered reports on Regional Conferences and Regional General Councils as per the revised Regional Conference timelines.
The National Executive Committee had set the final deadline for all ANC Regional Conferences as the 31st of August 2018. In this regard the OR Tambo and Joe Gqabi regions were unable to meet this set deadline to convene their Regional Conferences.
The PEC meeting noted that both the OR Tambo and Joe Gqabi Regional Executive Committees’ 3 year constitutional term of office comes to an end in October 2018.
In this regard the PEC resolved to dissolve the RECs as their constitutional term of office has come to an end and to appoint Regional Task Teams to take the two regions to their conferences post the 2019 general elections.
The PEC agreed to set up an inclusive Regional Task Team that will be seized with the task of uniting the organization and positioning it as an effective leader of society.
Cde Siyabulela May was appointed as Convenor and assumes political leadership of the Task Team. The PWC was mandated to finalise the rest of the RTT.
The PWC has therefore finalised the matter and a total of 30 members, composed of 15 males and 15 females, in line with the ANC policy on gender representivity, have been appointed.
The following members have been appointed to serve on the Task Team.
1.Cde Siyabulela May – Convener
2.Cde Bongani Salman – Coordinator
3.Cde Nomfundo Mabunu – Finance Secretary
4.Cde Nalisile Mateta
5.Cde Tsidi Lakabane
6.Cde Mfundo Bongela
7.Cde Dumisani Mvumvu
8.Cde Temba Notyeke
9.Cde Zibonele Dumzela
10.Cde Velile Stokwe
11.Cde Cde Sweetness Mbonyana
12.Cde Fezeka Ntlemeza
13.Cde Aphiwe Skoti
14.Cde Wimpy Mhlanga
15.Cde Nonkongozelo Lengs
16.Cde Sello Ntsoelinyana
17.Cde Mfanelo Titus
18.Cde Vania Davids
19 .Cde Nokumnkani August
20.Cde Simon Mfisa
21.Cde Lwazi Ndabeni
22.Cde Baphelele Mhlaba
23.Cde Nontuthuzelo Maqhubela
24.Cde Leteba Mamello
25.Cde Mbulelo Mpupu
26.Cde Xoliswa Motlohi
27.Cde Nonkuselo Nkungwana
28.Cde Zoleka Betani
29.Cde Mzukhona Bomela
30.Cde Nosiphelele Norman
The Regional Task Team (RTT) is expected to work with all structures of the ANC, including alliance partners and in building a potent electioneering machinery going into 2019.
Terms of Reference of the REGIONAL TASK TEAM
Composition of the Regional Task Teams
The RTT must be constituted by 30 members
A task team to have a Convener, a coordinator and a finance secretary who will undertake the function of the chairperson, the secretary and treasurer respectively.
The principle of gender parity must be applicable
The RTT must reflect continuity and youth representation
Where practical – the alliance dynamics must reflect in the RTT.
Regional and political dynamics must be reflected
The ANC has adopted a theme “UNITY, RENEWAL & JOBS”
Tasks in the Unity and renewal
• The RTT must work together with the Provincial Executive Committee (PEC) to strengthen the program to Unite and Renew all structures of the ANC.
• Working together with the alliance partners (SACP, COSATU and SANCO), the RTT must strengthen the unity of the alliance.
• The RTT must work together with the Provincial Organising and Campaigns unit to relaunch all the branches that are not in good standing and increase membership in each and every branch.
• The RTT must develop membership administration systems. In branches where there is parallel recruitment, the RTT must reconcile the membership and ensure safe storage and easy access of that membership.
• The RTT must develop a recruitment campaign to increase the membership of the organisation in all branches. This must be combined with specific targets for all branches.
• At a time that will be resolved and communicated by the PEC, the RTT will work together with the PEC to prepare the region for its regional conference.
• The RTT must work together with the RET to ensure that all the election work that has not been done is done.
• All the matters of the deployments and oversight of the local government will be overseen by PEC through the PEC deployees.
ANC Eastern Cape Communications
ANC Communications Manager