Issued by the office of the ANC EC Provincial Secretary
The ANC EC Provincial Working Committee conducted an oversight visit to Nelson Mandela Metropolitan yesterday on a two day provincial special visit program to all the regions. Bolstered by numerous victories over the recent past by- elections in the province, we are meeting all sub regions and clusters ( metros) directly the branch leadership structures.
The PWC visit was necessitated by our desire to ready all structures of the ANC to prepare for the road map to conference and a clear plan to revive all 60 ward based branches of NMMU.
All cluster meetings have been visited and the branches were given opportunity to air their challenges, statuses and the program of action. Serious observations were made which include the following :
- The branches are akin to double their efforts to increase membership recruitment.
- Improve working relationship with alliance has been recommended.
- Working with societal structures, IDAMASA ( churches), South African council of churches, Khoisan Community is to be intensified.
- Concerns were raised in some branches about the state of environmental cleanliness, street lights and crime, gangsterism/ the ANC resolved to work with organized community safety forums, police and metro to monitor, report and visit areas that are targeted by these illicit programmes.
- The region has been directed to launch the outstanding branches of the ANC and induct, educate and support the 44 branches that are in good standing.
- The PWC will continue to work closely with the RTT in order to maintain strict adherence to the road map to Nelson Mandela conference which is preferable scheduled October 2015.
- We wish to maintain and reiterate that all members must work for maximum unity of the structures, branches and allies of the ANC. Anyone fueling factionalism, dividing the ANC, manipulating organizational processes using a position of the office ( whether party or government) will meet the full might of the organization.
- The province will prepare it’s branches and structures for the forthcoming National General Council, anc youth league and women’s league conferences at national level and we urge the league to bear a responsibility of conducting their general councils in an atmosphere of peace with oozing mantra of integrity and mutual respect.
- The PEC has banned divisive songs in all its meetings and any material distributed that denigrate, insult other contesting leadership will be disciplined.
The next coming Sunday, the PWC will be at Amathole region and followed by BCM.
The statement must be attributed to the ANC EC Spokesperson Mlibo Qoboshiyane.