The African National Congress (ANC) joins workers across the country in their preparation for Workers’ Day. As we know Workers’ Day celebrates workers for their hard work and dedication and in their fight against the poverty in society.
The ANC leadership is deployed to address Workers Day Rallies across the country organised by our Alliance partner Congress of South African Trade Unions (COSATU). There are at least twelve (12) May Day rallies across the country, with the national one in Durban.
The Workers Day jubilee takes place tomorrow with few days ahead of the general election. The ANC will continue to build unity, to protect our core values of non-racialism and non-sexism and fight to build a united and prosperous South Africa.
The May Day Rally programme will unfold as follows:
· The ANC President Cde Cyril Ramaphosa will be part of the May Day celebration in KwaZulu-Natal at Sugar Ray Xulu Stadium in Clermont, West of Durban,
· Deputy President, Cde David Mabuza will be in Mpumalanga, Nelspruit,
· Secretary-General, Cde Ace Magashule in Gauteng Katlehong, Huntersfield Stadium,
· Treasurer-General, Cde Paul Mashatile in Western Cape, Cape Town, Athlone Stadium
· NEC Member, Cde Naledi Pandor, Limpopo, Tzaneen, Lenyenye Stadium
· NEC member, Cde Lindiwe Zulu, Eastern Cape, King William Town, Victoria Ground
· NEC member, Cde Zweli Mkhize, Eastern Cape, Port Elizabeth, Isaac Wolfson Stadium
· NEC member, Cde Pemmy Majodina, Eastern Cape, Queenstown, Indoor Sport Centre
· NEC member, Nkosazane Dlamini Zuma, Eastern Cape, Mthatha, WSU Stadium
· NEC member, Cde Thoko Didiza, North West
· NEC member, Cde Alvin Botes, Northern Cape, Kimberly, AR Abass Stadium
Let’s grow South Africa together!
ISSUED BY THE AFRICAN NATIONAL CONGRESS
Acting National Spokesperson
072 718 5955
National Communication Manager
National Media Relations